On this page you will find ideas and resources for simple mindfulness activities and approaches you can take at home to help your whole family navigate this situation we are all currently in. It is very understandable for children (and us) to be experiencing anxiety and heightened emotions at this time, and hopefully these activities may help you find a way through this.
At St George’s School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
Back to school story for children during
Click on some of the links below for resources
A public health England and NHS site to help people take simple steps to look after their mental health, improve their mental wellbeing and support others.
Quality-assured information, advice and resources to help primary schools understand and promote children’s mental health and wellbeing.