At St George’s School the health, safety and wellbeing of every child is our top priority. We expect all staff, Governors, parent/carers, children and visitors to share this commitment to safeguarding our pupils.
Safeguarding the children at St George’s School is an essential part of our work. Safe, confident, happy children make the most effective learners!
The designated members of staff for safeguarding are:
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mrs Jill Farndale, Head Teacher
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Mr Tom Abbott, Deputy Head teacher
Designated Safeguarding Governor:
Mrs Glenis Allen
The aim of our Child Protection work is to safeguard and promote our children’s welfare, safety, health and guidance by fostering an honest, open caring and supportive climate.
Their welfare is of paramount importance. St George’s School fully recognises the responsibility it has under the Education Act 2002 and the contribution it can make to protect children and support them in school. All staff involved with children (teaching and non-teaching) have a responsibility to be mindful of issues related to children’s safety and welfare and a duty to report and refer any concerns.
We believe that:
- All children have the right to be protected from harm
- Children need to be safe and to feel safe in school
- Children need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse
- All children have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs
- All children must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other
- All children have the right to be supported to meet their emotional, and social needs as well as their educational needs – a happy healthy sociable child will achieve better educationally
- Schools can and do contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, radicalisation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk taking behaviours
- All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
Our key safeguarding policies can be found here. For other policies follow the link Policies